Cart Icon0

No products in the cart

Select Page

Sarah Wragge Wellness practices an 80/20 method to maintain an optimal balance for clients. 80% represents alkalizing foods. We often talk about “ABA” or “always be alkalizing” to keep us balanced and looking and feeling our best. The remaining 20% is reserved for foods that tend to create acidity in the body.

Sarah Wragge

What does alkalizing mean?

Alkalinity is a pH higher than 7 and our bodies are naturally alkaline with a blood pH at around 7.4. There are specific foods that help you maintain an alkaline state and have many added health benefits as well.

For example, plants and good fats create alkalinity in the body and should be the staple of your diet.

An alkaline diet benefits our health in the following ways:

    • Improves weight loss
    • Removes toxins
    • Increases energy
    • Supports bone health
    • Reduces inflammation
    • Repairs damaged cell tissue
    • Nourishes kidneys
    • Boosts immunity
    • Promotes brain health and the central nervous system

A few of Sarah Wragge’s favorite alkaline foods to incorporate daily include:

    • Leafy greens
    • Berries
    • Sweet potato
    • Coconut oil
    • Asparagus
    • Seaweed
    • Lemons
    • Chia seeds

The body is always trying to maintain a healthy balance. We need some acidic foods like quality animal protein to help regulate blood sugar and provide essential vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Where possible, choose wild caught, organic, pasture-raised, or free-range proteins as these are less acidic than their conventional counterparts.

Too much acidic food can lead to:

    • Weight gain
    • Digestive issues
    • Heart disease
    • Chronic fatigue
    • Inflammation
    • Skin concerns such as acne

Common acidic foods include:

    • Animal protein
    • Alcohol
    • Dairy
    • Sweets
    • Refined oils
    • Packaged, processed foods

We don’t need to avoid these foods completely, especially animal protein as already noted. We need to make sure we’re balancing our acidic foods with alkalizing plants and limiting them to less than 20% of our diet. Following this 80/20 formula allows our clients to enjoy themselves while also reaching their health goals.

Sarah Wragge

I spent most of my youth in and out of doctor’s offices with chronic digestive and health issues. It wasn’t until my late 20’s that a holistic nutritionist made the connection between the foods I was eating and my symptoms. By simply changing my diet, the health issues I had battled my whole life disappeared. This is the inspiration for Sarah Wragge Wellness.

There is a barrage of information floating around the wellness world. It’s overwhelming and leaves people more confused than informed. I believe in a wellness approach that treats more than the symptoms, and addresses the root cause of the issues instead. With the right information, plan, and support, you can experience a true health transformation like I did.

The Daily Five by Dr Will Cole

The Daily Five by Dr Will Cole

Dr. Will Cole – a leading functional-medicine expert and New York Times-bestselling author – specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing health programs for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal dysfunctions, digestive disorders, and brain problems.

5 Foods To Boost Your Immunity

5 Foods To Boost Your Immunity

Today I’m going over the top immune-boosting foods and supplements, and I’ll get into one new wellness hack: peptides. It’s so important to be proactive, do what we can to prevent getting sick before it happens and keep our bodies’ defense mechanisms strong. Here are...

Daily Meal Plans

Paleo by Tricia Williams

Keto by Daily Dose

NeutriBeauty by Beauty Brokers

Performance Meal Plans

SuperCharged by Don Saladino

Compare Plans

Cleanse Programs


Prescriptive Meal Plans

Taste of Home by Dr. Mona V.

The Ketotarian by Dr. Will Cole

Forever Strong by Dr. Gabrielle Lyon

Meals by Dr. James DiNicolantonio

The LUV Diet by Dr. David Perlmutter

Compare Plans

The Daily Blog