1. Hydrate drink one liter of water upon waking + an additional 2-3 liters throughout the day.
We lose 1 liter of water overnight as the body repairs itself. Drinking water first thing helps to flush toxins from the body and release water weight as well as aid digestion and regulate hunger.
2. Alkalize before coffee with green juice, hot water with lemon, or greens powder.
At night when you are sleeping your body is also detoxing. This creates an acidic environment in your body when you first wake up. If you jump right to coffee you are adding more acid! By taking the time to alkalize in the morning you are balancing out your body and setting it up for better digestion throughout the day.
3. Feast / Famine coast 4-5 hours between each meal. No snacking.
Balancing out blood sugar (insulin) is key. When your blood sugar is balanced you are able to coast between meals and make choices that fuel you vs. making choices based on cravings. When you snack your blood sugar spikes and dips more frequently and prevents your body from being able to optimally burn fat and stabilize your energy. Each meal should be a balance of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. This will help you coast between meals and really listen to your body.
4. Burn Fat consume complex carbs 1x daily, ideally at dinner.
When you eat carbohydrates you create an insulin spike and shut down fat burning. I recommend choosing one time of day to have your carbs (including alcohol) in order to give your body sufficient time to burn fat on either side.
5. Decompress creating a wind-down routine is a great way to signal to your body that it is almost time for bed.
When you look at your phone before bedtime the blue light prevents your body from producing melatonin because it mimics natural daylight and disrupts your circadian rhythm. Try going screen-free at least 30 minutes before going to sleep. I also love a warm bath with epsom salt, baking soda, and essential oils.