Collard rolls make a delicious substitution for a sandwich. They are easy to make and especially welcome if you’ve given up gluten and looking for an easy to make lunch or light dinner. This recipe use fresh wild salmon but can easily be made vegan by adding more vegetables and hummus instead of the salmon.
Serves: Makes 2 servings
- 12 ounces wild salmon
- sea salt
- 4 large collard green leaves
- 2 tablespoons Tahini dressing (recipe below) 2 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄4 cup sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 avocado sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel and season with sea salt.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 15-18 mins.
- Let cool then flake salmon into small pieces and set aside.
- Remove the hard stems from the collard leaves.
- Lay them on a cutting board.
- Spoon 1⁄2 tablespoon of tahini dressing across the bottom of each leaf.
- Add the salmon, carrots, onion and avocado to each leaf, being sure to distribute evenly.