- 1 ¼ cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted grass fed butter, cubed, chilled
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 20 graham cracker
- 2 bars dark chocolate
- 10 homemade marshmallows
Making graham crackers healthy, too. (Photo: Trunk Archive/Travis Rathbone)
Want a fantastic way to stay healthy at your Memorial Day BBQ? Ditch the sugary corn syrup-filled summer staple for this healthy makeover, made with grass-fed butter and gelatin from pasture raised cows.
Directions Graham Crackers
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place brown rice flour, tapioca flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles sand. Add honey, vanilla and almond milk. Pulse until dough forms a ball. If the mix is too dry, add more almond milk.
- Divide dough in half.
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Dust rolling pin with rice flour. Roll the dough out onto the baking sheet making a rectangle, about 1/8 of an inch thick. Repeat with other half.
- Using a knife, score the dough on each sheet onto 10 rectangles. Sprinkle lightly with ¼ cup coconut sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven let cool for 5 minutes then separate cookies.
Roast marshmallows in an open fire.
Assemble with a square of chocolate between two graham crackers.