Moringa is our favorite hero ingredient these days. It is a leaf that is native to the Philippines and Haiti. It is said to be twice as anti-inflammatory as turmeric. Rather than taking it in it’s supplement form we love to cook with it. It has a peppery taste to it similar to arugula.
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- ½ cup Moringa powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and season with sea salt. Place moringa in a medium bowl. Toss the shrimp in and keep tossing until completely coated.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over high heat.
Add the shrimp. Cook for 90 seconds on each side.
- Add garlic and lemon zest and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and toss with parsley.